Some Interesting Events in the Future:
[Last update: 2018-08-31]
I select these events based on my interests and geographic proximity. If you notice I'm missing something relevant, please tell me! Also note that I probably won't go to most of these.
- Lisbon, 26.09–05.10.2018, CATS5
- Osnabrück, 22–24.11.2018, Combinatorial Categories in Algebra and Topology
- Münster, 30.11. and 1.12.2018, 30th NRW Topology Meeting
- Saarbrücken, 14–18.01.2019, Workshop: Theoretical Computer Science and Algebraic Geometry
- Berkeley (MSRI), 22.01–24.04.2019, Program Derived Algebraic Geometry
- Lausanne, 22.–26.07.2019, YTM2019
- Online on Thursdays at 11:30am in Detroit (Eastern time) so 17:30 german time, ECHT (Electronic Computational Homotopy Theory) Seminar - sometimes there are videos for streaming/download later.
Looking for other conferences and summer schools?
To find out where the interesting stuff happens, I recommend
Andreas Holmstrom's list of lists of events as well as The SPP 1786 priority programme 'Homotopy Theory and Algebraic Geometry' event list and the (relatively young) MathMeetings.net. Also, the announcements from the Graduiertenkolleg "Cohomological Methods in Geometry" in Freiburg can be quite interesting!
Where I was in the past
- TU Berlin, 25–29.06.2017, Motivic Homotopy Groups of Spheres III
- Essen, 14.–18.05.2018, Motivic Homotopy Theory and Refined Enumerative Geometry
- Osnabrück, 22–24.03.2018, Graduate Student Meeting on Applied Algebra and Combinatorics
- Freiburg, 21.2.–9.3.2018, FRIAS Research Focus: Cohomology in Algebraic Geometry and Representation Theory
- Osnabrück, 30.11–02.12.2017, Algebraic Methods in Statistics
- Berlin, 13.11.2017, Berlin-Leipzig Seminar on Algebra, Geometry and Combinatorics
- Osnabrück, 04–07.10.2017, Workshop on motivic and equivariant homotopy theory which I co-organized with colleagues Martin Frankland and Toan Nguyen (also from Osnabrück)
- Bielefeld, 15–19.05.2017, Triangulated Categories and Geometry - a conference in honour of Amnon Neeman
- Regensburg, 03–07.04.2017, Conference Invertibility and Duality in Derived Algebraic Geometry and Homotopy Theory
- Wuppertal, 21–23.03.2017, SPP1786 Jahrestagung
- Osnabrück, 25–26.11.2016, 26th NRW Topology Meeting
- Oberwolfach, 26.06–02.07.2016, workshop Algebraic K-theory and Motivic Cohomology
- Freiburg, 2–3.6.2016, workshop Homotopical Approaches to Categories and Geometry
- Osnabrück, 17.05.2016, gave a talk 'From division algebras to motivic cellularity'
- Essen, 06–08.05.2016, Workshop Motives and derived algebraic geometry
- Freiburg, 14–18.3.2016, Jesko Hüttenhain gave an introduction to Geometric Complexity Theory
- Essen, 26.11.2015, Seminar on Arithmetic Geometry, I gave a seminar talk on parts of my thesis (affine projective spaces).
- Grenoble, 16.11.2015, I gave a seminar talk on parts of my thesis (affine projective spaces).
- Bonn, 29.10.–01.11.2015, Doktorandenforum der Studienstiftung (I gave a short talk on "Textbook 2.0")
- Hamburg, 21–25.9.2015, Annual Meeting of the DMV (German Math Society), with several interesting Mini-Symposia, in particular "Motivic Homotopy Theory and its applications to problems in Algebra and Algebraic Geometry" on the 24th and 25th.
- Freiburg, 27–31.7.2015, Summer School: Manifolds and K-Theory
- Regensburg, 16.06.2015, I gave a talk about my ongoing PhD thesis, particularly on the construction of motivic cell structures for projective spaces over split composition algebras.
- Strasbourg, 28–30.05.2015 Géométrie, arithmétique et physique : autour des motifs
- Warwick, 21.05.2015, Algebra Seminar
I gave a talk about my ongoing PhD thesis
- Freiburg, 23.02.2015, DMV-Studierendenkolleg "Topology and Big Data" (organised with Anja Wittmann)
- Freiburg, 27–28.11.2014, Workshop on Non-Computational Computer Tools for Pure Math (organised)
- Berlin, 1–5.9.2014, Algebraic Varieties: Bundles, Topology, Physics
- Alpbach, 6–11.7.2014
Workshop "Periods and heights of CM abelian varieties"
- SWAS Freiburg-Karlsruhe-Tübingen-Frankfurt
I gave a talk about my ongoing PhD thesis
- Essen, 2–6.6.2014
Workshop: Motivic Homotopy Groups of Spheres
- Budapest, 1–5.9.2013,
Summer School and Conference on "Motivic Galois Groups"
- Freiburg, 6–9.8.2013,
Summer School on Category O
- Freiburg, 22–26.7.2013,
Summer School Regulators and smooth algebraic K-theory
- Freiburg, 10–12.7.2013,
Lecture Series on Spherical Varieties by Dr. Stéphanie Cupit-Foutou (Bochum)
- Berlin, 10–14.6.2013,
Arithmetic Algebraic Geometry
- Wuppertal, 15.5.2013,
I gave a talk in the Topology Seminar.
- Bingen (Mainz), 18–22.3.2013,
Spring School: "Feynman Graphs and Motives"
- Erlangen, 11.1. in the Emmy-Noether Seminar I gave a talk about my work on Matsumoto's Theorem in A¹-homotopy theory
- Zürich, 6.12. in the ProDoc Seminar, I gave a talk about my work on Matsumoto's Theorem in A¹-homotopy theory
- Studierendenkonferenz der DMV, Saarbrücken
- Workshop on Multiple Zeta-Values, Alpbach
- Sommerakademie Görlitz "Galoisdarstellungen von Funktionen-körpern"
- Summer School "Introduction to Geometric Langlands", Freiburg
- Topology and Groups: Summer school, Berlin
- Semaine speciale 'Cohomologies & Automorphic Forms', Strasbourg, France
- SWAS Freiburg-Karlsruhe-Tübingen-Frankfurt "Attaching Galois representations to modular forms"
- Number Theory Days, Zürich, Switzerland
- Algebraic Cycles and L-Functions (final workshop), Regensburg
- Sommerakademie Salem "Systolische Geometrie"
- Summer School on Rigidity and the Friedlander-Milnor conjecture, Regensburg
- Summer School on Nori Motives, periods and transcendence, Alpbach
- SWAS Freiburg-Karlsruhe-Tübingen "Billard und Teichmüllerkurven"
- Workshop on Geometric Aspects of Motivic Homotopy Theory, Bonn
- The Decomposition Theorem and the Topology of Algebraic Maps, A Winter School in Algebraic Geometry Related to Representation Theory, Freiburg
- Sommerakademie Rot an der Rot "Informationstheorie"
- Workshop on Personal Knowledge Management, at HCI conference, Düsseldorf (where this blog post elaborates)
- Summer School on Hodge Theory and Arithmetic Aspects, ICTP Trieste, Italy (see also this blog post)
- I did a one-term course in linear algebra during school in Münster.
- I studied Mathematics and Computer Science in Karlsruhe from winter 2006 until summer 2007, maybe you've seen me at my student job at the FZI (IPE) there.
- I studied Mathematics and Physics in Freiburg from summer 2007 on, I've been tutoring topology, complex analysis I, complex analysis II and commutative algebra there.
- 2008, I participated in a one-term course of Carayol in Strasbourg on deformations of Galois representations.
- From october 2009 until july 2010, I was in Paris (Jussieu) for the second year of the Master (M2) with the Erasmus program.