My favorite blogposts from the years 2009--2011
- Categorical background for A¹-homotopy theory, mostly on general simplicial model categories.
- Linux, OCR and PDF – problem solved; a shell script to do optical character recognition on pdfs, resulting in pdfs with full-text search ability.
- The smell file format, a short absurdity.
- A manifold whose functions are the smooth functions on the real line with rational period? -- an exercise from Jet Nestruev's book.
- Review – Seife: Decoding the Universe. Short: read it, if you like information theory or don't know it yet.
- Flat modules; an experiment in exposition, for undergrads.
- Some thoughts on AQFT (algebraic or axiomatic quantum field theory).
- Properties of Scheme Morphisms, a big diagrammatic cheat sheet I'm proud of (and which I use regularly).
- HOWTOs for software, some mostly outdated tips on using software to accomplish this and that.
More recent posts (from 2012 and later)
- Is it possible to prove Serre's Problem via Motivic Homotopy Theory? -- on the Quillen-Suslin theorem.
- Mathematics Resources, my always-updated compilation of online resources for math grad students.
- Thom spaces, and their relation to suspensions.
- Universal coverings of simplicial groups, a short proof of existence.
- What is ... a reductive group? -- about reductive linear algebraic groups.
- A¹-fundamental groups of isotropic groups; about my first preprint.
- Some Interesting Rings, like the p-adics or the Adeles.
- Lagrange and the Supernaturals, a cute extension of the natural numbers.
- An arrow notation for annotations, a suggestion.
- What's a point of this? -- where I explain various notions of points on schemes.
I also keep a list of articles related to my PhD project and you can start browsing through all articles as well.